We have seen that Android-powered smartphones have come into light in the last decade. However, the reason behind this success is only because of the services they offer to the customers.
All of us know that Android is one of the most popular mobile operating systems alongside Apple. There are a lot of software available in the play store. But the main problem comes when you want to use Windows software on Android.
No one can simply install the Windows EXE games and software directly on Android phones. So, to solve this problem, EXE to APK Converter Android can be used. So, let us now see the process of converting an EXE file to the APK file.
What Is An EXE File?
We know that the Full Form of EXE File is Executable File. An EXE file is nothing but a file that contains a program in it. The program present in it refers to another file which works on the computer when executed. However, you can run an executable file in Microsoft DOS or Windows using a command in the program.
All the executable file names end with “.exe”. So, when these files are opened, they cause the operating system to run the program. On the contrary, the users may also send a “.exe” file as an e-mail attachment. But you need to be sure that the file comes from a trusted source and does not contain a virus.
What Is An APK File?
The full form of APK is an Android Package Kit. An APK file works on an Android device just as an EXE file works on a Windows platform. Sideloading is the process of installing apps manually using APKs. An APK file is generally considered as an app that is created for Android and Google’s mobile operating system.
However, some apps come automatically installed with your Android phones. On the other hand, you need to download additional apps from Google Play Store. If you download apps from other sources, you need to install them manually.
How To Convert An EXE File To APK File?
Sometimes, you may want to run an EXE file from the Windows platform to run on your Android Device. But Android only supports APK files. So, to solve this problem, we have listed a few methods to convert an EXE file to the APK file.
- For this process, you will need software that you want to convert to APK.
- You need to have “Change My Software” which is an EXE to APK Converter.
- First, you need to download the “EXE to APK Converter” tool. You can download this tool from the below link: http://changemysoftware.org/APKconverter.
- After the download, double click on it to open. On the screen, you’ll see an option “I Have a Portable Version”. Select it.
- Now select the EXE file from your system that you want to run on Android.
- Once it gets loaded, check for the Convert option. Once you find it, just click on it and wait. It might take some time to load, depending on the size of your file.
- Once it gets loaded, you see that your EXE file gets converted to APK.
- Finally, you need to copy and paste that APK file to your Android Phone and install it.
Converting an EXE file to APK file can also be done by using file opener. The file openers are nothing but Android apps that are built to run the “.exe” software. However, the INNO setup extractor is the most used file opener on Android devices. This application helps you in running .exe files on Android.
- To use this file opener, first, you need to download the software from the Google Play Store.
- You need to download the “.exe” file that you want to convert to “.apk” and run on Android devices.
- Then, open the INNO Setup Extractor and search for your “.exe” file.
- Finally, run the selected file with the downloaded app.
In this way, you can extract the “.exe” file from your system to your Android phone to run it.
Using the DOX box app is also a better method to convert the EXE files to APK. We know that the DOX box applications have been popular for many years. You might have used a DOX box app if you tried running an old windows application on a recent Windows Operating System.
However, you can download the DOX box apps from the Google Play Store. AFreeBox can be considered as a notable app for this process. This software helps you in running various Exe files on your Android platform.
- First, you need to install the app from the Google Play Store.
- Then, download the EXE file you want to run on Android and place the file in a new folder.
Note: Don’t forget to give the folder a name so that you can identify it later.
- After that, run the AFreeBox app. Then, type the following command in the command line: “cd\folder name”.
- Once the folder opens, type the name of the application you want to run in the command line.
- The program in the “.exe” file will work properly, only if it is compatible with the AFreeBox app.
The above methods can help to run many applications on your Android devices. However, not all applications will run on Android even after converting to APK. Some apps may be graphics intensive or power intensive. So, then cannot be supported by Android devices.