What Is Nintendo 3DS?
Nintendo 3DS is a popular game console that is produced by Nintendo at E3 2010 on June 15. The best thing about this console is its capability to display the 3D effects. You might be thinking that this is not a big thing as many other consoles display stereoscopic 3D effects. But the main specialty of Nintendo 3DS that attracts the users is that it does not use the 3D glasses or any other equipment for the effect. There is another console named Nintendo DS, which is famous for its backward compatibility. This console is nothing but the predecessor of Nintendo 3DS. However, you can make use of it if you are more attracted to older Nintendo games.
Advantages Of Nintendo 3DS
The main advantage of using a Nintendo 3DS is that it allows you to play tons of high-quality games that you may not be able to find other consoles. We read before that Nintendo DS will support the older Nintendo games. However, that doesn’t imply that Nintendo 3DS will not support the older games. One of the notable features of Nintendo 3DS is that it allows you to watch movies on platforms like Netflix. Since we had a look at some of the main advantages of Nintendo 3DS, now the time comes to choose your Nintendo 3DS emulator.
Best Nintendo 3DS Emulators For Android, PC
Let us take a look at some best Nintendo 3DS emulators. First, let’s see the emulators that best suit for your Android device.
1. Ultimate x3DSx (Gold) [Android]
Some of you might be having a low-end phone and are worried about playing games on it. If that is the case, then Ultimate x3DSx can be the fastest and best emulators available for your Android device. Anyone can easily download and install this emulator from the play store for free.
- You can play almost every Nintendo 3DS game using this emulator, even the older ones.
- Games like Action Replay, Code Breaker, and Game Shark might be a little challenging to play. So, to the user’s surprise, it also provides the cheat codes to enter while playing these games.
- This emulator can work perfectly with tilt, Gyro, and many other functionalities.
2. Nds4droid [Android]
Most of you might be knowing about Nds4droid, as it is one of the oldest emulators available in the market. This emulator comes up with many advanced features that help you to play games on your Android devices.
- It is an open-source emulator that helps you in running games faster and better.
- This emulator is also compatible with the OUYA game console.
3. DraStic DS Emulator [Android]
As we know, the main thing that any user desires is trust. If that is the case with you too, then DraStic DS Emulator can be the most trusted and safest emulator for your Android device. To our bad luck, this emulator cannot be downloaded from the Google Play Store. However, you have some other methods like downloading the APK from AndroidCrew.
- It even allows you to synchronize all your saved games with Google drive, so that you don’t need to restart.
- This emulator supports almost all games without making use of any complications.
- It doesn’t lag while running high-end graphics.
4. Pretendo NDS Emulator [Android]
If you wish to play your online games in multiple formats, then Pretendo NDS Emulator is your today’s choice. This emulator comes up with many additional features. It is only compatible with Android devices.
- With this emulator, you can play all the retro and classic games available for Nintendo 3DS.
- It also includes a self-guard feature to protect your device from Malware.
- You can also use this emulator to play games on tablets.
- This emulator allows you to download Nintendo games in .ds, .zip, .rar, and .rom formats.
5. MAME4droid [Android]
The term MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. This emulator turned out to be very popular as it supports about 8,000 different ROMS. If you like playing on arcade gaming platforms, this can be your better choice.
- This emulator is an open-source platform that even provides you with seamless gaming experience.
So, I hope that you have got enough choice of Nintendo 3DS emulators for your Android device. Now, let’s dive into those that support the PCs.
6. Citra 3DS Emulator [PC]
Citra 3DS Emulator is an open-source emulator. However, you can download it for free from the Google Play Store. In today’s technologically developing world, Citra Emulator can be the best choice for PC games.
- This emulator supports multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac OS X.
- It is user-friendly, and it can run Nintendo 3DS games on Mac OS as well.
- One can also run all trade games of your choice on this platform. You can even download them if necessary.
7. IDeaS [PC]
Some of you might be liking the games like Pokemon Diamond or Super Mario. If it is so, then this is a better choice for you. IDeaS emulator helps in playing the above games on your desktop.
- It makes the games run relatively faster when compared to the other emulators that are mentioned here.
- It even got its latest update of dual processing screen that allows you to enjoy a seamless gaming experience.
8. NeonDS [PC]
NeonDS is one of the popular 3DS emulators that are available only for the Windows platform. This console helps in playing almost all the games in your system. If you wish to play 3D games on your system, then this can be a better choice emulator for you.
- Anyone can download it for free from many sites or internet-based applications.
- This emulator only occupies a space of 1MB, and it also allows you to play almost all the commercial games on PC.
9. DeSmuME [PC]
DeSmuME is also a better Nintendo emulator that supports playing Nintendo games on your desktop. Since it is an open-source platform, you don’t need to spend any money to use it.
- With this console, you don’t need to worry about challenging levels in games, as it comes with cheat code availability.
- This emulator provides a user-friendly interface that includes advanced functionality options.
- It works with both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
10. RetroArch [PC]
RetroArch is a free, open-source, and cross-platform with which you can play almost all video games without any lag. However, this emulator is a little challenging to use when compared to others.
- It also supports applications like SNES, Game Boy, Play Store, and SNES.
- This console runs on multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- You can use it on Xbox 360, PSP Vita, PSP, Play Station 3 as well.
These are some of the best Nintendo 3DS Emulators that help you play many 3D games. The above emulators are listed based on their capability to run on Android and Windows platforms.